At long last, I think we've nailed the tape measure clip (so to speak, at least). Stainless steel and works great for tapes small and large. Two ways to go about it:
1) Add it on to your new order by simply placing it in the cart right now. It'll show up on the order sheet and like internet + maker magic, your stylin' new apron will feature a stylin new tape clip.
2) Add it to an apron you already own. Simply follow the instructions below for that particular brand of magic.
Here's what you do:
1) Figure out where you want the aforementioned tape measure to go... pretty much anywhere on the apron you choose (pretty much, I say... don't test your luck).
2) Mark the spot. The clip goes on with a 3x3" leather patch, and we'll hook you up with some (totally worthless) bonus points if you can be as specific as possible as to where exactly you want that to go and at what angle.
3) Ship that much-beloved apron back to Calavera HQ
Attn: Department of Tape Clip Retrofits
Calavera Tool Works
758 Tennent St.
Charleston, SC 29412
In a matter of a couple (if you're lucky) weeks, we'll have that baby back to you, tape clip ready to rock and a fresh oil change (err... conditioning).