Status: Tape Measure Clips are in stock and ready to rock.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for us to turn around any retrofit request.
At long last, I think we've nailed the tape measure clip (so to speak, at least). Stainless steel and works great for tapes small and large. Two ways to go about it:
1) Add it on to your new order by simply adding it as an option there on the product page along with your choice of apron.
2) Add it to an apron you already own. Simply follow the instructions below for that particular brand of magic.
Here's how that works:
1) Figure out where you want the aforementioned tape measure to go... pretty much anywhere on the apron you choose (pretty much, I say... don't test your luck).
2) Mark the spot. The clip goes on with a 3x3" leather patch, and we'll hook you up with some (totally worthless) bonus points if you can be as specific as possible as to where exactly you want that to go and at what angle.
3) Ship that much-beloved apron back to Calavera HQ
Attn: Department of Tape Clip Retrofits
Calavera Tool Works
758 Tennent St.
Charleston, SC 29412
In a matter of a couple (if you're lucky) weeks, we'll have that baby back to you, tape clip ready to rock and a fresh oil change (err... conditioning).
If your existing apron already has lower pockets, or if you choose lower pockets on a new apron, please be aware that our options will be a little more limited as far as tape clip positioning. In other words, that baby is pretty much going to default to Position A.